I've been craving fleecey fabric lately and found some half price at Hancock Fabrics. The boys have outgrown their hats from last year so I thought, how hard can a hat be to make?
So I took some, cut it so it would be 20 inches in diameter and then folded it twice and sewed a little hem. Then I sewed the ends together. I then cut strips in the top for the pom pom, took a loose strip and tied it around the crown under the strips and viola!
BJ said they were girly, but I happen to think they are adorable!
And all that extra fabric around the base will keep little ears nice and warm!
Eli LOVED his and wore it until he got hot.
Which was around lunchtime.
Typical:
We washed his hands really good before getting started on the cookies. ; )
I've learned the hard way that it's best to get all the ingredients out before you call them in to help make the cookies.
He just couldn't resist sticking his fingers in there too.
Stirring in the dried cranberries.
Toby woke up and heard something about cookies.
His little busted lip is already healing nicely. I'm so glad we avoided stitches even though the pediatrician was about to send us up to the E.R. for them. Our trusted oral surgeon gave us a better opinion!
Eli grabbed the cookbook and decided to play bakery in his playroom while the real ones were baking.
(black play doh on a plastic lid)
He ran to my kitchen and grabbed my pot holders when the timer on his kitchen dinged.
Dude, I think they're a little burnt. : )
Toby devoured a cookie.
BJ's Aunt Angela and her kids sent Eli and Toby these really cool action wheeler legos. Eli is totally loving them because you put them together with these little plastic screwdrivers they came with!
Thank you for the legos Furlotte Tribe! : )
Abby Cadabby's Magical Pumpkin Cookies
1. preheat oven to 350 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and baking soda into a medium bowl. Beat the brown sugar and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the pumpkin; beat at low speed until blended. Beat in the flour mixture just until blended. Add oats; mix well.
4. Stir in cranberries. Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool the cookies on the cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely
No comments:
Post a Comment