Thursday, June 2, 2011

May Stuff

Here are some pictures from the Month of May. About a year and a half ago our neighbors told us that they wanted to sponsor me to attend a Via de Cristo (Way of Christ) retreat. Toby was just an infant at the time so I knew it would be awhile before I would be able to leave him for 4 days. Well, a couple of months ago we found out that a weekend was coming up. The only problem was that BJ would need help with the kids during the women's weekend because the youth yard sale was that weekend. So we called Auntie Ashley to see if she would be willing to fly down and help with the boys that weekend. She was more than willing to help!







The boys also had fun with Mr. Ed while I was away. He had them paint a bird house for him and a few days after I returned from the retreat I was there to watch them get to hang it up on a post in his front yard. They were so proud of the bird house!






Eli hanging out in Mr. Egg's work truck.




Eli loves working with real tools!

And Toby too!




I just found these shots of AA and Eli on my computer!

Eli loves his AA!



THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AA!!!



The Via de Cristo was an amazing weekend! I have never experienced a retreat like it and cannot help but feel like it was a spiritual rite of passage for me. There were so many awesome surprises that I will never forget. I had no idea I would be moved to tears the way I was. But I have to admit, I wasn't able to sleep well the first night because I missed my boys so much and worried about how Toby would be the next morning because we are used to having our special snuggle time in the morning and I wondered how he would react when I wasn't there to wake him up. I wasn't supposed to use my cell phone while I was up there at the retreat, but I couldn't help but check in with BJ a few times. He let me know that the boys were doing great and AA was keeping them busy and there hadn't been any tears at all! I was so relieved!!!


No comments: