Eli went to his 18 month well visit yesterday. He was considerably better behaved this time! He didn't refuse to sit on the scale and he let Dr. Harold listen to his heart for a long time. He was also great about her peeking in his ears and checking his eyes. He only screamed when he got the one shot and his finger poked. At his last visit he hardly cried at all when he got his shot. He'll get his flu shot next month and one more shot at 24 months and that's it (besides flu shots) until kindergarten!
He weighs 23 pounds and is 33 inches long. I'm not too thrilled about those measurments...because he weighed in at 23 pounds at his 15 month visit and apparently has only grown an inch taller. The doctor said she wasn't concerned though because the weight can level off at this age. She said they are seeing more and more kids at his age that are overweight these days. He is a very active little boy and sometimes he eats a lot and other times like a bird. The other night for instance all he would eat off his plate at dinner was the corn!
When I look at pictures of him during his first year I can't believe how chunky and plump he was! He was always in the 90th percentile and I think he even skipped wearing 3-6 month sized clothing all together. I guess I just have to trust the doctor on this one and keep offering him healthy foods as much as possible and maybe a few french fries here and there (he loves them)!
I went through his clothes the other day and took out all the 12 months and most of the summer clothes he has grown out of. It is 55 degrees here right now and he is wearing an 18 month old outfit...and the pants look a little like high waters...I guess it's time to go shopping and get this boy some new clothes for the winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment