Eli did something yesterday that quite frankly astonished me! First off in the morning I walked into his room and caught him laying on his changing table (dangerous I know!!!!). He had taken his diaper off and climbed up there. But that wasn't what really surprised me.
Later that morning I was coming out of our bathroom and he rounded the corner, ripped off his diaper, ran into our bathroom, lifted up the toilet lid and the toilet seat and grabbed his you-know-what and proceeded to aim it over the rim of the toilet. Unfortunate the rim is a little high for him to make clearance. So I got really excited and said, "Eli let's go potty in your bathroom!" So we went to his, where his potty seat is and he sat on it. I probably should have just stood back to see what he would do...but I thought, well maybe if I turn on the water faucet that will give him some inspiration. Well then he got off because he likes washing his hands and he ended up peeing on the floor. So, pee-pee in the potty?....well almost....
I'm just excited because this is the most interest he has shown in potty training. I don't want to force it on him though. I've been waiting for him to show me some clues that he is ready. I think this might be the beginning!
I got some pull-up coupons in the mail today and in them was also a website to get a free potty training Dvd. I can use all the help I can get! Here's the website if anyone is interested:
Yes, I blurred out my child's private areas. This is a public blog and there are sick-os out there!
Also at dinner last night he was lovin' the corn on the cob. I made the mistake of cutting half of his off but he wanted to eat it like a big boy!
2 comments:
I don't know about you but I am scared of starting Potty Training. I am clueless on what to do and that makes me a little nervous Oh well, we have smart kids, they will get us through it :)
Oh yeah! I'm feeling pretty apprehensive about it. Did that kit from the library help? I saw this video online from a baby sign language place about how babies used to be potty trained by the time they were 1 and it said b/c of the disposable diaper movement the age has gone up to 3 and 4. But, hopefully the kids will catch on quickly.
Post a Comment