Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Charlie Brown Christmas Tree



Refreshments for the evening
Underneath that cloth the tree is taped and tied to the table!

The end result...with a little pizzazz!

Some of my favorite childhood memories are of decorating the Christmas tree with my family. We always made a fun night of drinking egg nog, listening the Chipmunks Christmas music and putting up the tree. I remember it seemed like we had to wait forever for my dad to prune the bottom of the tree and then put the lights and garland on before we could start with the ornaments. Then we'd douse the tree in silver icicles or tinsel as most people call it. What fun we had!

So maybe that's why I had big plans for us to head up to one of the tree farms in Boone to cut down our own this year. I pictured us all bundled up on a wagon ride going out to a field lined with beautiful fragrant Fraser Furs! 

When I started looking into it though I thought $50 plus the trip would be kind of a lot to spend on a tree for the 3 of us to look at for about 2 weeks. Maybe if we were having company for the holidays it would have been worth the splurge. I guess I'll save my fantasy tree idea for next year. 

We got this little 4 footer over the summer from a Fred's that was going out of business. I almost wanted to cry when BJ took it out of it's little ole' box last night, but we both just got a huge laugh out of it!

I was all set to load it up with ALL our ornaments but in the end we just put most of the non-glass/non-breakable ones on it. Eli seemed to have fun but he was scolded quite a bit. We'll see if this thing makes it thru until we leave for MI!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way too cute! I love it. It actually looks like it worked out well having a smaller one, that way it could be up higher so it is a little hard for Eli to grab at it.
Even thought it is tiny...it turnned out great and it has a lot of charm to it. :) Love it.
Hopefully I can get the tree up here...the full size one that is...before ya'll get here! Love you and miss you guys a lot. Wish I was still there!