Monday, December 15, 2008

Live Nativity in Bethlehem, NC


The angel visiting Mary
Roman Soiders...


Getting in costume



The village of Bethlehem
Eli is looking pretty tired here
B.J. and Eli walking around
Petting the livestock

Our friends: The Clines

We've had a busy weekend! Last night we had our Congregation Christmas party and Christmas program put on by all the children at church. We had a huge potluck dinner in the gym. Eli ate all kinds of yummy food and then ate a cupcake while he watched the kids perform. I was happy that he was able to sit contently through the whole program. I'm sure the cupcake helped!

After that our friends invited us to head up to "the little town of Bethlehem," which is about 20 minutes north of us, to see a live nativity. I have never been to a live nativity before. It was wonderful. First we drove through and then inside the church they had clothes racks full of Biblical dress so that you can take more time walking through. They required that all people walking through wear the Biblical costumes. 

On Friday night we were supposed to find a sitter so just BJ and I could go see Casting Crowns, Avalon, Natalie Grant and the Mile High Orchestra perform their Christmas concert. Being the procrastinator that I am, I waited too long to find one and just couldn't at the last minute. We almost didn't go, but our friends insisted that we just take Eli along with us. Well, he sat through the entire concert on our laps and loved every minute of it. It would have been nice to have a break and enjoy an evening to ourselves but in the end it didn't turn out too badly after all. 

No comments: