We made it safely to Michigan. On the morning we left, I woke up very early and felt awful! I caught the stomach bug that Eli had! It wasn't pretty...but I still wanted to get on the road by 6:30 a.m. So BJ put a few barf bags in the car and we were off. I only had to use one of them...
It was a long (and pretty miserable for me) day in the car, but we made it to Akron, OH by 4 and checked into our plush room at the Radisson (I found a great last minute deal on a room on Orbitz). I was so happy to climb into our big bed but Eli who had been strapped in the car all day just wanted to play. He was flopping all over the bed like a fish out of water! I couldn't blame him. BJ knew I needed some rest though, so he finally just took him to a nearby mall to get out some energy.
We woke up the next morning to rain, ice and slush everywhere. We knew a winter storm was coming through, so we decided to wait it out a bit and didn't have to check out until noon. We ended up getting on the road at 11 a.m. The roads weren't too bad by then and we made it to BJ's folks by dusk. We also stopped at a Wal Mart once we were in MI to pick up a few things. There was snow all over the ground in the parking lot. Eli took his first look at all of it and proclaimed, "Bubbles!" He hasn't stopped calling it bubbles but he is also starting to call it "know" too.
Eli has been enjoying his G.G.'s and Aunt Ashley. He also loves playing G.G.'s piano. Yesterday afternoon we went to BJ's grandparents' house for Christmas. Eli was a little on the tired side but perked up after awhile.
The snow-scapes on the way to Allegan were beautiful!
The B&B where BJ and I spent our first 2 nights as a married couple...sweet memories...













BJ's cousin, Eli's second cousin, Lacey
Lovely Lacey doing a a twirl to show us her pretty dress.
Singing Christmas Carols and hearing the account of Christ's birth
Eli hears Great Grandma Gavrun playing the piano
BJ played Santa and asked all the kids if they were good this year...
Cousin Elizabeth...
Eli was ripping his presents open but had his eyes on his older cousins Jacob and Charlie to see what they were getting!
Cool! A work bench!
BJ's cousin Elizabeth with her blanket...
No comments:
Post a Comment